The Biryani is a rice dish accompanied by meat or vegetables and yoghurt in which the rice is finished cooking with the meat / vegetables and acquires the aroma of the stew.chicken biryani recipe is easy to cook.
This is the recipe for a chicken Biryani for 8 people.
- 1.5 kgs. of chicken. I prefer to use breasts, but it’s a matter of taste.
- 2 onions cut in pen and fried
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger about 5cm.
- 1/2 cup of natural yogurt without sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon of cayenne powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 2 tablespoons minced mint, or the contents of 3 bags of mint infusion.
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 500 grs. of Basmati rice (if there is no basmati, use the rice there is)
Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add spices, mint, garlic and chopped ginger, yoghurt and salt to taste. Leave marinating for half an hour.
Cook the rice in 1 lt. of water with salt. Remove from cooking before it is ready, at 3/4 of cooking, approx. In the photo the water has several spices.
In a large pot with a lid that fits as tight as possible the chicken is arranged in a single layer.
On top, put the rice in a homogeneous layer and cover it well.
Cook 5 minutes over high heat, 10 minutes over low heat and 20 minutes over a toaster or diffuser over low heat.
Then it is served by taking care to put chicken and rice equally on each plate .