The eye is not always attentive to the dirt on the stove. Often, when we clean the sink and wash the dishes, the stovetops only get a damp cloth on top. Enough of that. The place where the food is made also needs maintenance. So no excuses now. In this article, you will understand why and how to clean a stove burner. So stick around until the end so you don’t miss any tips.
Why clean a stovetop?
For starters, it’s part of the dishes. You didn’t just use pots, pans, and other items to make your food. You also used the stove as a tool. And, in addition to dirtying a lot, it can get clogged. Once the gas outlet is blocked you will not be able to light the fire for cooking. So, to prevent this from happening, learn to clean the stove burner now and get to work.
Why does the stove burner clog?
The reasons for a clogged stove burner can be many. That’s why the maintenance of each burner, trivet, and the entire surface of the stove must be up to date. Clean frequently so you don’t get low heat or clog the gas outlet to the point where it doesn’t light up anymore.
As the holes in the mouth are very small, any food, grease or dirt can clog it. In some cases, even some dirt from the gas cylinder or plumbing, in the case of buildings, can come along with the gas and obstruct its passage. Keeping care and attention in the kitchen is critical to your safety as well. If the fire does not ignite and you forget to close the gas valve, you may have a leak and cause serious accidents.
How to clean a clogged stove burner
needles. Use needles. The sewing ones. Toothpicks too or any object that is firm and fits in the holes in each mouth. At least once a week, when you go to clean your house well, remember this detail. Unclog the burner with needles or toothpicks, removing any dirt that could clog the gas outlet.
Let’s go to what matters
The stove, for those who are not used to it, can seem like a puzzle. A complex machine full of fittings. But it only has two important slots that you will get to know about them now.
Stove mouth – It is the fitting that is on the gas outlet. It prevents the direct leakage of gas, distributing it through the holes around it, leaving that common appearance of the stove burner for those who see from afar, with several small flames.
Trempe – It is the grid where the pan is supported. It may be that the stove has one for each burner or even two huge grids covering the entire stove. This will vary depending on the brand of your appliance.
How to clean a rusty stovetop
Yes, the stove burner can rust. This happens when it gets wet and isn’t dried properly. When it has not been used or maintained for a long time. Excess fat can speed up this process as well.
In case this happened to your stove, it got all rusty, calm down. There’s a way for everything. You will learn in a simple way how to clean a rusty stove burner and save your kitchen. Just look:
First, remove all burners and pans from the stove. Separate them. You can put them in the sink if you like.
Then clean the entire stove with a sponge, sponge or steel wool in more extreme cases. Cleaning can be done with detergent or soap and water. You don’t need any extra products for routine cleaning.
Use a damp cloth to remove excess soap and let it dry. Avoid pouring water directly so that water does not enter the gas outlet.
Now, on the rusty parts, apply vinegar and let it act on the area you want to clean for a while. Depending on the level of rust it can take an entire night, so be patient.
To remove the rust and excess vinegar that remains, use a damp cloth.
There, your stove is clean and rust-free. See how to clean a rusty stove burner is simple. Just be patient. But to prevent it from rusting, always wash it with the dishes. Right after cooking, grease and food scraps can damage your stove over time. Stay tuned and take care that you don’t run out of your kitchen companion.
How to clean burnt stovetop
You already know how to clean a rusty stove burner. You’ve already learned how to clean a clogged stove burner too. Now, to become a master in the art of cleaning stovetops, you just need to know how to clean burnt stovetops. And this task, you will learn now:
- Before starting, boil some water in a medium saucepan.
- Now remove the mouths and trivets.
- Clean the stove well. Always start by doing the basics. With a sponge or cloth and detergent or soap with water, clean the entire surface of your stove. Remove all excess fat and food scraps.
- After doing this simpler cleaning, take the burnt trivets and mouthpieces and set them aside.
- Prepare a solution in the pan of warm water by adding vinegar, salt, and baking soda.
- Place the trivets and the stove burner in the pan and leave it there for a few hours.
- Remove item by item and scrub with a loofah, brush, or even a cloth. If the burn stains are too hard to remove, let them soak for a little longer.
- Continue this process until the burn mark is completely gone.
- Rinse and dry with a dry cloth.
- Now you know how to clean a burnt stove burner. But this is just one of the methods that can be applied to achieve such a feat. Here’s another way to clean a burnt stovetop by removing the entire burn mark.
- Make these steps a habit. Always start by removing the trivets and stove burners.
- Then clean with a cloth or sponge with soapy water or detergent.
- Once clean, apply a mixture of water, bicarbonate, salt, and vinegar to the burnt stain on the stove burner. Make a paste and apply.
- Let this solution act for a few hours.
- Rinse and wipe with a cloth.
- If it persists, repeat the process.
- To avoid scratching the entire stove, do not use steel sponges to scrub burnt, greasy or rusty parts of the stove. A damp cloth is enough if you know what product to apply. It also takes a little patience.
- In addition to cleaning the stovetop, don’t forget to clean your microwave oven every now and then. Among other places that people always miss, the microwave is also only remembered when they pop eggs or heat fish, leaving a smell that permeates anything else you put close.
But no secrets, right? Some of the techniques taught here have been used by housewives for a long time.